Read the transcript that accompanies this video here.
This video presents the Educational Stakeholders Panel at the 2021 Carl & Marilynn Thoma New Mexico Education Funders Southern Summit. This discussion invited local educators, administrators, and students to engage with funders and weigh in on their own experiences and to reflect on opportunities for philanthropy to make an impact in Southern NM. To learn more about this convening, please refer to the introductory post for this blog series. To find out about our panelists and facilitators, reference the bios presented here.
Introductory Remarks: Terra Winter, Executive Director of Communities Foundation of Southern NM
Facilitator: Frank Lopez, former Executive Director of Groundworks NM
- Lucía Carmona, Co-Founder and Director of Operations and Community Engagement, Raices del Saber Xinachtli Community School
- Dr. Tim Hand, LCPS Chief of Staff and former PED Deputy Secretary
- Dr. Dulcinea Lara, Associate Professor of Criminal Justice, NMSU
- Julia Rivera-Tapia, Principal, Raices del Saber Xinachtli Community School
- Erica Surova, Senior Program Manager, Center for Community Analysis, NMSU
- Dr. Mónica Torres, President, Doña Ana Community College